EA has released version 1.41 patch for the popular FPS game, Battlefield 2. This new patch features new contents, bug fixes and some tweaks. There is also a patch for the standalone patch for the standalone Battlefield 2 server.
The links above bring you full patch, and this patch works for both the original Battlefield 2 and Special Forces.
Battlefield 2 server version 1.41 patch
Below is the change log for this new patch
– New level: Road to Jalalabaad (Conquest 16-32-64, Singleplayer, Co-op)
– New Server Option: No Vehicles mode
– The vehicle drop has been modified to help prevent exploits such as blocking
enemy vehicles, destroying vehicles and commander assets, or as an alternative
– C4 tossing distance has been reduced.
– A prone->crouch delay has been added.
– Fixed the Linux server hangs when trying to load a Special Forces Co-Op map.
– Another attempt at fixing the Red/Blue nametag bug.
– Fixed the missing server info on the map briefing screen.
– Fixed the server browser issues with updating info.
– Fixed the filter by maps size option in the server browser.
– Fixed a low reproducibility crash bug related to the vehicle drop.
– Fixed a crash in Co-op after a player is revived without a kit.
– Fixed a server crash on Linux 32 when trying to rotate maps in Coop Mode.
– Fixed the occasionnal red distance marker appearing on the ground.
– Fixed the bug that caused the player’s arms to become invisible when
– Co-Op bot console commands now function on local servers.
– Fixed the excessive damage taken by the Muscle Car.
– Adjusted the minimum number of players to start the round on ranked servers.
The new values for 16, 32 and 64 players are 6, 8 and 8 respectively.
– Re-enabled unlocks on unranked servers.
– Commander options are no longer available whilst commander is dead.
– Fixed bug where a spawn point is shown as selected when it is not if player
has spawned in during the preview round.
– Co-Op (Local Server) – Fixed the issue where no other players may join the
server if the server host is kicked and banned.
– Ranked Servers now force unlocks.
– Added support for multiple gamemodes in single maplist for mods.
– Front end – Fix server browser issues with updating info
– Front End – Multiplayer & Co-op – Players on server list can include Bots
instead of human players
– Multiplayer Internet Server maps size filter not working
– Fixed an issue in the front end where pressing tab twice in the IP window
would cause the cursor to skip to wrong box
– Increased server stability
– All levels – Co-op – Crash after reviving player without a kit- 1st attempt
Server – Linux 32 Dedicated – Server crashes when trying to rotate maps in
Special Forces Co-op Mode (fixed on SUSE only. Still present in Red Hat and
– Adjust the minimum number of players to start the round.The new values for
16, 32 and 64 players are 6, 6 and 8 respectively.
– Re-enable unlocks on unranked servers
– Ranked server forces unlocks i.e. have to have unlocks selected.
– Coop – Local Server – If Server Host is kicked and banned although they do
not actually get kicked, no other players may join the server after that
– Fixed a dedicated server crash which was occurring when the user held “CTRL”
and “SHIFT” while selecting a map
– Fixed a crash which would occur when c4 was placed on a flag pole and the
server rotated maps
– Vehicle drop crash related bug (missing icon)
– Co-Op bot console commands do not function on local servers.
Client / Gameplay:
– Red/Blue nametag bug – Fix to the issue where players would show up with the
wrong color name tag
– Introduced a delay from proning to standing to help reduce exploiting
– Adjusted C4 to make throwing more difficult
– Fixed the issue where a red distance marker appears on the ground
– Fixed the issue that caused players arms to become invisible after switching
weapons when using throwable items
– Made adjustments to reduce the damage taken by vehicles when driving
– Adjusted the tire material on the muscle car to reduce the issue with this
vehicle taking too much damage.
– Commander options no longer available whilst dead.
– Fixed the issue with a spawn point showing up as selected when a player has
spawned in during preview round
– Fixed the issue that would cause infantry players to be revived with no kit.
– Fixed several rare graphics crashes.
– Fixed issue with players crashing while clicking “Join Game” in the front
– Car-Drop: Made adjustments to the car drop feature to prevent players from
exploiting into buildings.
– Discovered and repaired an issue tied to projectiles which would sometimes
allow tanks to fire two shells, support to fire multiple rounds, and other
issues (all maps).
– Fixed bug where after 2 rounds on the same map, the top player stars are
awarded to the wrong people in the menu
– Transport Helicopters – Increased the armor of all transport helicopters