EA has released version 1.06 patch for Battlefield 2142, just several days after the release of version 1.05 patch. This version features minor fix to the game. The patch is approximately 21 MB.
– Addresses an issue regarding crashes in Titan mode.
You can get the patch from the following web site.
The last of the 3 next generation console has been released. Nintendo Wii does not feature fancy hardwares like the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, however it comes with innovations, such as the Wii Remote.
The Wii Remote is basically a 2 parts controller which features normal directional controls and the movement of the controller itself, as a control. Interesting concept. Now Wii players will no longer sit down at a couch and let the fingers do the movement, but the whole arm and body will be involved too.
Wii is much smaller than Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in terms of thickness width. But this small powerhouse does great job in keeping you hook on the games.
The Wii is the cheapest among the three consoles, priced at US$250. Visit Gamespot for the complete coverage of the hands-on of Wii.
EA has released the second patch for the third Battlefield franchise, Battlefield 2142. The patch version jumped from version 1.01 to version 1.05, seems like there is quite a few changes.
Here is the changelog.
– Ground Defence kills now count towards Ground Base Defence Ribbon
– Using the Medic Hub now counts towards Silver Medic Excellence Badge
– Silver Titan Destruction – Badge awarded when core is destroyed
– Debriefing End of Round screen displays player stats
– Enemy Squad Leader Spawn beacon is no longer visible on the 3dMap
– Can now bind same key to crouch for common and land vehicles
– User now unable to repeatedly spam a squad leader to join a locked squad
– Spinning tank turret no longer pushes player inside clipped geometry
– Users can play single-player (offline) mode when EA servers are unavailable
– Fixed issue that caused Battlerecorder Playback And Camera Control Interface
– Corrected missile silo numbers in Titan Mode
– Squad Leader Spawn Beacon can now be used after a round or map change in
– Missing game information in Swedish and Danish when a mutiny occurs against
your commander added
– Inconsistent game references removed
– BF2142 showing up as Battlefield 2 in Windows firewall exception list fixed
– Patching update message will shut the game down instead of minimize if EA
Link is installed on users machine
– Stats tracking optimizations
– Revised AR’s deviation per bullet
– Titan no longer moveable by the Commander once Titan shields are down
– Installer checks for BF2142 running in the background before installing
– Improved player collision protocol
– Optimized EA Master Server connection calls
Here are the links for the patch.
The new hot racing game, Need For Speed Carbon, has a new patch. The game that you all have been playing is version 1.2 (if you have noticed it).
Version 1.3 brought some changes and fixes. Here is the changelog.
- Client side EA Messenger crash
- EA Nation registration email field character limit to small for larger email addresses
- EA Nation registration CD Key field character limit issue
- Issue pertaining to launching Need for Speed Carbon PCCD
- Incorrect car names appearing in the Pursuit Tag leaderboards
You can proceed to the EA website for more details and you can download from there too. There are several different versions, depending on where you bought the game.
Else, you can proceed to Gamespot or Filefront (North America Version)
Oops! I missed out on this news. But I will report it now.
Well, it has been some time since version 2.82 is out. Here is the update on this new firmware.
- You can download videos and images under [RSS Channel]
- You can register your devices when you are connected to a wireless access point using [LocationFree™ Player]. Visit http://www.sony.com/locationfree for more information.
- World Tour Soccer 06 demo is available for download at http://www.us.playstation.com/worldtoursoccer06demo.
If you are using your PSP to download the demo, visit here for instruction. If you are using PC to download it, visit here.
- You can play AAC files with the .3gp file extension.
- [Automatic] has been added as an option under [Network Settings] > [Infrastructure Mode].
- Support for the playback of content stored in [MUSIC], [VIDEO] and [PICTURE] at the root level of Memory Stick Duo™ media has been added.
- Included in 2.81 and 2.82: Patches have been added to address security vulnerabilities in the system software.
This is one of the screenshot for Halo 3, the sequel to the popular Xbox series Halo.
The screenshots are from http://www.1up.com, you can see more screenshots from this site.
Gameplay is expected to be the same as Halo and Halo 2. That is the plus point of this game. Graphics wise will be better, because Xbox 360 has better graphics chip than the Xbox. GameBlog will cover more when there is news on this game.
Thousands of people lined up and slept in the corridors of the street in US, waiting for the day to start and get their dream console, the Sony PlayStation 3.
PlayStation 3 (PS3) is the second next generation console released, over a year after the release of Xbox 360. Nintendo Wii will be released soon too. While Xbox 360 has already scooped up the majority of the next generation consoles, Sony and Nintendo is not going to let fate decide itself.
The PlayStation 3, powered by multi-core Cell Processor, nVidia Reality Synthesizer and high definition Blu-ray drive. The selling price? US$599 for the 60Gb model, while US$499 for the 20Gb model. Reports show that Sony is suffering heavy losses in the sale of PlayStation 3. The manufacturing cost of the lower end PS3 is US$806 – Sony suffers a loss of US$307 per unit. The higher end model, with Wi-Fi connectivity and memory card slots, make Sony loses US$240 per unit.
As the PS3 looks more like a powerful supercomputer in the consumer market, the components of the console doesn’t come cheap. The Cell processor from IBM costs US$89, the RSX graphics chip from nVidia costs US$129 and the Blu-ray drive costs US$125.
Microsoft too, suffered loss from the sale of Xbox 360 last year. Microsoft lost US$126 per unit. Console makers usually lose money when selling their consoles, but earn from the sale of accessories and games. With a single blu-ray discs costs around US$25, PS3 games may not come cheap. However, the enjoyment factor may override the burning pockets of gamers around the world.