F.E.A.R (First Encounter Assault Recon), Gamespot’s PC Shooter game of the Year, with a rating of 9.1, has released version 1.07 patch. Below is the updates notes quoted from VU games website.
This game is also available to Xbox 360 and the upcoming PS3.
And F.E.A.R Combat, a multiplayer mode for the game, has released. It will allow gamers who do not have an actual boxed copy of F.E.A.R. to take on those that do online with an arsenal of 12 weapons. The download contains 19 multiplayer maps but will support the download of user-created content such as original maps and mods. It features 10 different gameplay modes and will contain the same anticheating software as the boxed copy of the game.
- Added Friends List functionality to the main Multiplayer options menu.
- The FEAR.exe executable has been split into two parts, FEAR.exe and FEARMP.exe to be compatible with F.E.A.R. Combat. The only differences users will notice is a short pause when switching from single player to multiplayer and vice versa, and the change in desktop and Start Menu shortcuts.
- Team autobalancing has been added to the options for multiplayer team games. The new options are the last few entries in the game mode options menu. They are set to be off by default. Teams can be autobalanced up to every quarter round by team size, and up to every round by score. The score ratio used for autobalancing is also adjustable.
- Added Favorite Servers option on server browser screen. Servers can be added to the favorites list by selecting them in the server browser menu and clicking the add to favorites button.
- Added support for the Message of the Day. This can be accessed from the “Message of the Day” option on the main server browser screen.
- Added in-game option to mute selected players in Chat. This is accessed from the main in-game menu screen.
- Changed minimum player requirements for votes to succeed. If fewer players than the set minimum are on the server, a unanimous vote will be allowed to suceed.
- In-game graphics for votes have been modified to better show when they are starting and underway.
- Players and teams can now receive points for picking up or stealing the enemy flag in CTF. This option can be set from the CTF and Slowmo CTF game options screens.
- Added two new DM/Control maps, Stockpile and Waterworks.
- Added a new CTF/Conquer All map, Depot.
- Details for standard information such as player names, version, and mod can be displayed for server versions other than the current game client.
- Added options to the version filter. Available options are now “All”, “Same Version”, “Same Mod”, and “Same Version and Mod”.
- Fixed a bug where the server message and briefing override strings would sometimes display a null character instead of a carriage return.
- Added server option to allow setting a time delay for how long a player must wait between calling votes.
- Added support for a special NavMarker icon to designate the flag carrier to his or her teammates in CTF.
- Added indicators to the Team selection screen in MP to display the current team scores and make the current player count more obvious.
- Made the end of round delay timers for round ending and scoreboard visibility adjustable in the server options.
- Updated some MP HUD elements to scale at higher resolutions.
You can download the patches, game demos (including multiplayer) from VU Games website, or from the following links to Gamespot.
Full patch download link:
Incremental patch download link: