The famous Quake 4 has released its version 1.3 patch. Below is the summary of fixes and updates in 1.3.
- Added new game type : DeadZone
- Added new multiplayer weapon : Napalm Launcher
- Added 8 new professionally made maps
- Added 4 revised maps for additional DeadZone support
- Added “Buy” mode server option that allows you to purchase weapons and equipment.
- Added a single ambient light option. Use r_forceAmbient with a value ranging from 0 to 1.
- Multiplayer weapon damage and movement values have been adjusted.
- The player will now respawn based on his/her last combatant’s location.
- Shotgun hit sounds will no longer drop.
- The game no longer has to be relaunched to access more than 4 netdemos.
- The wrong icon will no longer appear for certain clients after a team shuffle.
- Spawn auto-complete in the RCON window will no longer crash.
- Voting for Team DM and certain maps will no longer load the wrong map.
- The Apply Changes button in the Options menu has been removed.
- A crash will no longer occur in Tourney if a finalist disconnects.
- A player’s name will no longer change to that of the player in the demo if a NetDemo is played.
- Time Limit Hit will no longer be displayed in the wrong circumstances.
Source: Id Software.The file size for the 1.2 to 1.3 incremental update is 138MB and the full update is 232MB, both are for Windows System.
Go to http://www.idsoftware.com/ to download the incremental update or the full update via HTTP/FTP/Bittorrent.
Go to Gamespot : Quake 4 for the incremental update download.